Thanjavur Medical College
135 YEARS LATER...
When we started our medical graduation in 1970 at the THANJAVUR MEDICAL COLLEGE, we never ever thought that we all are spreaded across the Globe and few of us where settled down today in the UK in the land of the Prince of Wales 135 years after the establishment of the TANJORE MEDICAL SCHOOL & THE RAJA MIRASUDAR HOSPITAL by the British in Thanjavur in 1880.
Raja Mirasudar Hospital & The Tanjore Medical School were built by the British Collector of Thanjavur, Henry Sullivan Thomas in 1878 to commemorate the visit to the Tanjore district by the future King of England, The Prince of Wales, Edward VII in 1875.
A generous contribution of 40 acres of land for the buildings by Rani Kamatchiamba Bai Saheb, the wife of Sivaji II, the last Maratha King of Thanjavur, who lost his state to the British, should always be remembered with extreme gratitude by all of us.
Meet the 1970 Batch
Dato' Dr K Ramasamy Ambition comes from his Passion, finding what he love and then expanding on that.
Born in Penang-Malaysia on January 4th,1949. Completed secondary School in 1967 at Methodist Boy's school-Penang-Malaysia. Pre-university was at St. Joseph's college-Trichy-Tamil Nadu (1969). Joined Thanjavur Medical College in 1970.
Father late R.V. Kandasamy, a second-generation Indian who came to Malaysia in 1932 from Nagapattinam, India during the British rule and Mother V.Govindamah from Malaysia.
News & Events
Read the latest News & Events and stay up to date with US...